Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tattoo re-done

I decided that before we left Colorado, I wanted to get my tattoo re-touched. I was able to get an appointment with the original artist from six years ago!

Sunday was the day. Andrea and Savannah went with me to watch (and laugh at me) and support! What I didn't know (before we started) was that re-doing a tattoo is much more painful than the first time around. Pshew. It was really bad! But, I'm glad I did it! It looks much better now!

Here is what it looked like six years ago, brand new!

As he is getting started - you can really see how much it has faded. It was in great shape according to the artist though - especially for location. Tattoos on feet apparently don't last as well as other place.



The artist at work:
And me, in serious pain. I don't think I'll probably ever have this re-touched again. It was almost more than I could handle. It was NOT that bad the first time though.


And finally, the re-done, added to tattoo. The artist told me he was going to re-do the whole thing because "I'm much better now!"


2 comments:

  1. Ouch!! It's pretty but I'd never be able to do that. I'm such a chicken when it comes to pain. I had to have two margaritas before I was brave enough to get my ears pierced!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Not that I have one, but yours looks great! enjoy your new location!

    ReplyDelete